Calling all apple lovers…. have I got a loaf for you! 🙂 I think this might just be my new favorite recipe. It is packed with apple chunks and just enough caramel flavor to sweeten it up. The whole time this was in my oven my mouth was watering and my tummy was rumbling from the smell! This loaf is 5 smart points per slice, and since its packed with apple chunks it definitely leaves you feeling satisfied.
Caramel apple loaf
- 1 2/3 cups white flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 cup plus 1T brown sugar
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk I use unsweetened original
- 1.5 cups diced apples
- 2 T caramel sauce I used smuckers
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients, but only add the 1/4 cup of brown sugar, set aside the 1T. Add wet ingredients, then gently fold in apples. Batter will be thick.
- Put half of your mixture into the pan. Sprinkle 1/2T of brown sugar evenly on to your mixture and then drizzle 1T caramel sauce.
- Fill the loaf pan with the rest of your batter and repeat with remaining brown sugar and caramel sauce.
- Bake in oven for approx. 45 minutes. The loaf does not rise to high. Let cool and cut into 10 pieces. 5sp or 3pp per slice.
- Nutritional info (not incl apples) Per slice, Calories 124... Fat 0.8g... Saturated fat 0.2g... Carbs 26... Fiber 1.1g... Sugars 8.5g... Protein 3.2g