I am attending a holiday party tonight with my closest friends, and I wanted to take a sweet treat. Here is a simple recipe to add some sweetness to the food table at your next holiday party. Mini cupcakes are always a hit and these festive ones are full of Christmas cheer and a little bit of candy cane too. 😉 Using a white cake mix and a few added ingredients you can whip these up fairly quick. 1 cupcake is only 1 weight watcher point. So yes you can even have 2! I know I plan on it. 🙂
Candy cane mini cupcakes
- 1 cup white cake mix I use Betty Crocker
- 1.5 T unsweetened applesauce
- 3 T egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 t peppermint extract
- 1.5 T crushed candy cane bits
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix up all of your ingredients and divide into a sprayed 24 mini muffin pan.
- Bake in oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- Let cool and then top with a little vanilla icing (I used 2T Betty Crocker) then sprinkle with candy cane bits.