I love fruit.. but I also love finding ways to spruce it up and turn it into more of a dessert while keeping points low. I also love candy cane.. so I combined the two 🙂 This candy cane dip is really easy to whip up and makes a great little treat to put out for your guests. Makes 1 cup of dip and serves 4-5 at 2 smart points on the freestyle program.
- ⅔ cup peppermint mini marshmallows, if you can't find the peppermint kind regular ones will work fine too, just add ¼ tsp peppermint extract and a drop of red food coloring
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup fat-free cool whip
- 1 Tbsp crushed candy cane
- Melt your marshmallows in a microwavable bowl for 30-40 seconds, if you use reg marshmallows, add the peppermint extract and red food coloring once melted.
- Stir in yogurt to melted marshmallows then add in your cool whip and stir well.
- Fold in your candy cane bits.
- Serve with fresh fruit of your choice. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Makes 1 cup of dip and serves 4.
Smart points- 3 using SP calculator
Points plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per ¼ cup serving Calories 72... Fat 0g... Saturated fat 0g.... Carbohydrates 13.8g... Fiber 0g.... Sugars 9g... Protein 4g using My Fitness Pal