Yes.. I know.. I am fully aware.. I have a slight buffalo chicken obsession 😉 but seriously what is not to like.. cream cheese and chicken and franks and all that goodness…Yum!! I am sharing some appetizers this week in honor of the U.S Thanksgiving approaching so I thought hey.. why not buffalo chicken pinwheels… I am all about keeping it simple.. who has time for fancy apps these days 😉 mind you I think these pinwheels are pretty darn fancy… and at only 2 points plus or 2 smart points each they make a delicious and weight watcher friendly snack to serve up to your guests.. win win 🙂
Buffalo chicken pinwheels
- 1 package pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup light shredded cheese (such as WW brand or similar, I use a 3 cheese blend)
- 1 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp franks hot sauce
- 4 oz about 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- In a bowl mix your softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, ranch and hot sauce.
- Open your dough and lay out into 2 pieces (4 crescent rolls each) pinch together any open seams.
- Divide your cheese mixture in two and spread onto your dough.
- Sprinkle your grated chicken on top (I like to cook my chicken breast in the crock pot, little broth on high about 4 hours and it shreds nicely, I do a batch up each week to keep in the fridge for meals and such)
- Carefully roll up each piece and seal any open seams, Place in freezer for about 10 minutes, this will help firm them up.
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a large cookie sheet.
- Using a serrated knife carefully cut each roll into 8 pieces, I usually cut of the small ends and then make my 8 cuts.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in oven for approx 16 minutes, checking they don't burn, you want them a nice golden brown, check around them that the dough has cooked through.
- Makes 16 pinwheels at 2 SP each on all 3 MyWW programs
- Nutritional info (adapted from My fitness pal) Per serving.. Calories 66...Fat 2.8g...Saturated fat 1.2g...Carbohydrates 7.5g...Fiber 0g... Sugars 1.9g...Protein 3.1g