If your familiar with my recipes then you know I like to keep things simple, I'm a busy mum and wife like many of us and I don't have the time to be making fancy dinners. That being said what I do like is quick and easy dinners that look fancy 😉 If you are a buffalo chicken lover and like things spicy then this simple dish is for you! I cooked my chicken during the day in the crock pot and then I had this whipped up and ready for the oven in 10 minutes. I promise you, its easy and delicious!! 🙂 Makes 6 servings at 5 freestyle smart points each.
Buffalo chicken pie
- 1 package pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 16 oz about 3 cups cooked shredded chicken, I cook mine in the crock pot with a little broth on low for about 4 hours.
- 1 cup diced peppers
- ¾ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup franks hot sauce
- ¼ cup fat free ranch dressing
- ¼ cup softened fat free or light cream cheese
- ⅓ cup light grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 8 inch pie dish.
- Open your crescent rolls and lay them out in your pie dish to form a pie crust, this will involve a little trimming and moving pieces around to get all the dough into a pie crust shape.
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a large bowl, except 1 tablespoon of the ranch dressing, only put 3 tablespoon in the mixture.
- Scoop the chicken mixture into your pie dish, bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Drizzle with the remaining ranch dressing. Cut into 6 slices, each slice is 5-7 PP, 5SP blue/purple, 7SP green or 6 points plus.
- Nutrition info (not including vegetables) per serving.. Calories 239... Fat 9.1g... Saturated fat 4.3g... Carbs 20.5g... Fiber 0.5g... Sugars 5.2g... Protein 19.2g...