Mmmmm lasagna... I love it just as much as the next person, but lets be honest, a good piece of lasagna is going to cost you in points... unless you want to eat one of the frozen meals, which I never do, its hard to find a cheesy delicious lasagna that won't leave you in the negative as far as points go! So this was my task... create a yummy and filling dish that will leave you in lasagna heaven 😉 I thought about changing it up though and incorporating a favorite dish of mine, buffalo chicken. By cutting down a little on the cheese and noodles I was able to create this amazing buffalo chicken lasagna for only 5 freestyle smart points per generous serving, its spicy, still very cheesy and delicious!
Buffalo chicken lasagna
- 9 whole wheat high fiber lasagna noodles, I used the non oven ready kind and boiled them first
- 12 ounces cooked shredded chicken approx 3.5 cups
- 2 cups light pasta sauce reduced fat
- 1 cup franks hot sauce
- ½ cup diced peppers
- ½ cup diced onion
- 300 g container light ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup light ranch dressing
- 1 cup light shredded cheese I use a 3 cheese blend
- Boil your noodles as directed on package, note- my noodles were a high fiber noodle, nutri info for them per 4 noodles were as follows, fat-1.5g,carbs-61g,fiber-9g,protein-11g, try and find one similar if you can so points are the same for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl mix your chicken, pasta sauce, peppers, onions, and hot sauce.
- In a small bowl mix your ricotta and ranch dressing.
- Spread about 1 cup of your chicken mixture on the bottom of your dish, top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread chicken mixture on top of noodles, then half of your cheese mixture, I dropped by spoonfuls then spread out with a knife. Add 3 more noodles on top of cheese then repeat steps ending with chicken mixture on top, you just need a little chicken mixture to finish of the top.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour, remove from oven and uncover. Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven uncovered for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Makes 9 servings at 5 SP blue & purple, 6SP green or 6pp each. Store in fridge, will freeze well.
- Nutritional info (not incl veggies) Per serving.. Calories 240.. Fat 7.5g... Saturated fat 1.3g... Carbs 23.4g... Fiber 1.8g... Sugars 2.7g... Protein 22.2g