I have teamed up with the awesome folks over at Flatoutbread to bring you this incredibly yummy dessert, it is the perfect summer treat! These blueberry lemon cannoli’s were so easy to make, using Flatout fold it’s and took only 15 minutes to prepare and bake. During my weight loss journey Flatout bread has played such a huge part in my life, they have so many amazing bread products and the possibilities are limitless.. I truly love creating new recipes and food ideas with their breads, whether it be pizza or a wrap for dinner, or fun and easy desserts like these cannolis, there is something for everybody! These tasty treats are only 126 calories and 5 smart points.. Head over to Flatout now and check out their store locator to see where you can get your hands on some breads!
Blueberry lemon cannoli's
- 2 Flatout fold it's I used the 5 grains and flax
- Egg whites
- 1/3 cup light ricotta cheese
- 2.5 oz softened light cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp real lemon juice
- 2.5 Tbsp icing sugar confectionery sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix your ricotta, cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and zest and vanilla together, beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Gently fold in your blueberries, store mixture in fridge
- Cut your fold it breads in half so you have 2 round pieces. Use tooth picks and form them into shells. Brush egg whites onto bread and bake in oven for approx 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then very gently remove toothpicks from bread, they should hold there shape.
- Pipe your cheese mixture into your cannoli shells, you can use a small ziplock and cut of a tip big enough for blueberries to fit through and pipe into each end so the whole shell is filled. Store in fridge.
- Makes 4 cannoli's at 5 smart points each (3 points plus)
- Nutritional info per cannoli (not incl blueberries) Calories 126...Fat 5.3g...Sat fat 2.7g...Carbs 15g...Fiber 3.5g...Sugar 7.6g..Protein 7.6g