I'm not a fan of overnight oats or just a bowl of oatmeal on its own but I love a good oatmeal bake! It is a perfect dish to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and there are so many ways to dress up some baked oatmeal. This blueberry banana oatmeal is simple to make and delicious. If you are on the purple program for MyWW it is a great recipe for you to enjoy, just 1SP a serving. On both blue & green programs, it is 5SP per serving.
What type of oats should I use?
Quick oats or rolled oats are the best to use when making a baked oatmeal recipe.
I used 1% in this recipe but you can use almond or cashew milk if there are nut allergies, or any non-dairy milk will work fine.
What sugar-free syrup do you use?
I'm in Canada and I purchase the E.D.Smith sugar-free syrup, it is a pancake syrup and has a slight maple flavoring, however, any sugar-free syrup can be used, feel free to add a flavored one for a little added pop to the recipe.
Storing & reheating..
Baked oatmeal is always best fresh but it will be good in the fridge for a few days and you can reheat it in the oven or microwave. You can freeze this oatmeal recipe, let thaw when ready to eat, and reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Tips for the Best Baked Oatmeal:
- Don’t leave out the cinnamon or vanilla it adds to the overall flavor.
- Let it cool a little for easier cutting.
- This baked oatmeal is best served warm, you can simply reheat leftovers in the oven, air fryer, or microwave.
Want to add a little something to your baked oatmeal, try some of these toppings.
- Fresh fruit- berries, banana
- Nuts- a sprinkle of almonds, walnuts, or pecans would be delicious with this
- Coconut flakes
- Maple syrup or honey
- Whipping cream
- Chocolate chips
- Dried fruit
Blueberry banana baked oatmeal
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cup milk *I used 1%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon sugar-free syrup
- ¾ cup frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray an 8x8 dish with some non-stick spray.
- In a bowl mix together the oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, mix in the brown sugar then add the mashed banana, milk, syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix well then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the dish, bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the baked oatmeal seems set and golden on top.
- Let cool then cut into 6 equal servings. Garnish with some fresh blueberries and sugar-free syrup.