I was thinking about making a nice easy dessert and I had lots of berries in the fridge to use up, so I whipped up this easy berry crumble in just a few minutes.. It’s bursting with berries and can be served as is or with a little ice cream or cool whip. Everyone will love it, it serves 4 at 6 smart points each.
- 3 cups of fresh berries I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp light margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray an 8 inch dish.
- Wash your berries and add them to your dish, squeeze your fresh lemon juice on top.
- In a small bowl cream together your sugar and margarine, add in vanilla, flour, oats and baking powder. You will have a thicker batter type mix.
- Drop mix by spoonfuls on to berries, spreading evenly.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until your crumb turns a golden brown.
- Divide into 4, serve warm. Each serving is 6sp or 4pp
- Nutritional info (not incl berries) Per serving.. Calories 149.. Fat 4.3g... Saturated fat 0.6g... Carbs 25.8g.. Fiber 0.9g... Sugars 13.7g.. Protein 1.9g