Once again I had some ripe banana’s sitting on my counter.. funny story, I was hosting a Christmas party and my “ripe” banana’s became topic of discussion. A few people were saying how gross the ripe banana’s looked and should of been disposed days ago, I then learned these same people like to eat their banana’s green, yuck! Green banana’s to me do not taste good and the texture is just all sorts of wrong 😉 But each to their own I guess… anyway I took my ripe banana’s and made this delicious banana nutella loaf..Probably the most decadent loaf I have made, it’s 6 smart points a slice (or 4pp) but it is so worth it! 🙂
banana nutella loaf
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp reduced calorie margarine softened
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp egg whites liquid egg whites
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk I use unsweetened original
- 1/4 cup nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular size loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix your flour and baking soda together.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer beat together your sugar, margarine and applesauce. Add in your egg, egg whites, mashed banana, milk and vanilla and beat for a few minutes.
- Pour your banana mixture into your flour and stir well.
- Melt your nutella in the microwave for 60 seconds, 20 second intervals stirring each time.
- Pour half of your loaf batter into your pan, then drizzle with 1/2 of your nutella, top with remaining batter and drizzle with remaining nutella.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 10 slices, each slice is 6sp or 4pp. Best stored in fridge.
- Nutritional info, not including bananas. Per slice.. Calories 173... Fat 4.4g... Saturated fat 1.2g... Carbs 28.4g... Fiber 1.2g... Sugars 10.7g... Protein 3.8g