If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook then you may know I have embarked on the Whole 30 (google it if your unsure what it involves) or at least “my” Whole 30! It is recommended that you don’t make desserts or pancakes, but for me I decided that I was already way out of my comfort zone that if I could take whole 30 approved foods and get creative in the kitchen then that is exactly what I am going to do. 🙂 This nutty apple crisp is delicious and it is also weight watcher friendly.
Apple nut crisp
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 5-6 apples of your choice peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts I used almonds, walnuts and pecans, option to use pumpkin seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a regular size loaf pan (for whole 30 approved I used coconut oil). Mix the cinnamon with your diced apples.
- Pour the apples into your loaf pan. Melt your almond butter in the microwave for approx. 35 seconds and then drizzle on top of your apples.
- Sprinkle your chopped nuts over the apples and then top with your coconut flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- There is 12-14 points in the whole dish, points will depend on servings, but will easily serve 4 at 3pp each
- *Please note, the pictures are from 2 different batches, one I chopped the nuts more and one I did'nt, plus I added pumpkin seeds..