I teamed up with my favorite Flatout bread again this month to bring you these tasty apple maple pockets. Did you know that Flatout is now the official flatbread of Weight Watchers® with a 2-3 SmartPoints® value per Light Original Flatbread. I have been using their breads in my weekly meal planning since I first started this journey in 2014 and I have created so many delicious recipes with them, they truly are a staple in my house! These apple maple pockets are the perfect little treat and the flavor combo is delicious, they are simple to make and just 2 smart points each or pair them with your favorite ice cream for a decadent dessert. Looking to get your hands on some of your own Flatout, check out their store locator here
Apple maple pockets
- 3 Flatout bread originals 5 grain & flax
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a baking sheet with some nonstick spray
- In a bowl mix together your diced apples, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- In a small bowl mix the 1 Tbsp of flour and 1 Tbsp of water to form a paste.
- Cut your flatout breads in half, use a little of your flour paste on half of the rim of your bread (as shown in picture) and then shape bread into a cone, using your pasted portion to seal it closed.
- Spoon apple mixture into your cone and leave enough bread to seal it closed, put a little more flour paste on to seal it, you'll end up with a triangle shaped pocket.
- Repeat for remaining pockets.
- Place on baking sheet, spray pockets with a little cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and pair with some ice cream for an added treat.