I think I need to change Monday’s to “Donut Monday’s”. 😉 I always seem to come up with a new donut Monday morning.. and fall in love all over again!! After a really cold walk out in a snow blizzard these apple cinnamon donuts were the perfect breakfast to warm me up, and my belly was thankful! 🙂 They are only 4 smart points or 2 points plus each!
Apple cinnamon donuts
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 T white sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 t apple cider vinegar
- 2 T egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond milk I use unsweetened original
- 1/2 cup diced apples very small pieces
- 1 t white sugar & 1/2t cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray your donut pan and set aside.
- Peel and cut your apple into very small pieces.
- Mix dry ingredients together then add wet. Gently fold in your apples.
- Divide into 5 donuts in your pan. Mix the 1t of sugar and 1/2t cinnamon in a small bag, sprinkle on to the 5 donuts.
- Bake in oven for approx. 9-11 minutes, each donut is 4sp or 2pp.
- Nutritional info (not including the apple) per donut.. Calories 96... Fat 0.3g... Saturated fat 0g... Carbs 21... Fiber 0.7g... Sugars 11g... Protein 2g...