This cheesy roll up recipe makes a great snack or lunch and would also be great served up at your next party! They are easy to make, small, and flat out delicious.
Speaking of Flatout, I used the Flatout protein up wraps to make these. Each wrap has 12g of protein! And while it’s not my primary recipe type, these roll ups are low carb and keto friendly. So if you know someone on that diet, these are great for both of you, coming in at only 8 WW smart points (7 PP).
You only need a few ingredients and a few minutes to whip up these tasty bites. I know that kids and adults alike will both enjoy them so much. They are a perfect snack, and they make a very sensible lunch.
Why you have to try this Cheesy Roll Up recipe
- They are a great finger food that you can bring to a gathering and know the points for
- They are delicious. A healthy wrap with cheese, bacon, and bread? What’s not to love?
- They are simple. These easy bacon wraps are something you can throw together with a moment’s notice.
- They will help you hit protein goals
- They are perfect for guests, particularly children will love these easy bacon wraps.
High Protein Cheesy Roll Ups Are Delicious
I love Flatout wraps because the ingredients in the wraps are incredibly healthy. They are slightly high in sodium, but otherwise, these wraps are so good for you. You can use this photo or look at the nutritional information on Flatout’s site.
If you look at the fiber in the wraps, there are 8 grams of dietary fiber which helps the wrap be very low carb overall (for a bread). It comes in at 10 grams of net carbs per full size wrap. By adding in bacon and cheese, these healthy cheesy bacon wraps become a surprisingly high protein meal.
Feel free to use other wraps if you want or if you have different diet goals. I just happened to have these on hand. There are a variety of wraps available for you to use for this cheesy bacon flatbread recipe, including light spinach, multigrain flax, light Italian, and sea salt with pepper protein up flatbread.
Easy Cheesy Roll Up Ingredients
With only four main ingredients, you can make these easy pinwheel wraps using what you already have in your house on short notice. Check out the substitution list below if you don't have these exact ingredients.
- · Flatout bread wrap
- · Jalapeno Laughing Cow cheese
- · Healthy bacon bits
- · Light shredded cheese
Substitutions and Variations in the Cheesy Roll Up
- These become an actual bacon bite appetizer if you use real bacon instead of bacon bits.
- Light cream cheese instead of Laughing Cow if you want a low point wrap.
- Shredded pepper jack instead of cheddar or a blend.
- Other wrap flavors. Tomato basil wraps would probably be delicious.
- Add spices like chili powder or a hot sauce to make a more flavorful cheesy wrap.
- Fresh herbs can go a long way. If you have any on hand, they would be amazing in this.
- Use Chicken or turkey instead of bacon if you want to lower the WW points.
- Mix in some ripe avocado to really add something to make them a filling meal.
Step-by-step Directions for Healthy Cheesy Bacon Roll Ups
- Lay your wrap out flay on a plate or cutting board.
- Mix your cheeses, bacon, and laughing cow triangles in a bowl until they are combined thoroughly.
- spread the mixture onto your wrap evenly.
- Carefully roll the wrap long way.
- Cut your wrap into twelve even pieces.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Storage for Healthy Cheesy Bacon Roll Ups
They don’t freeze well, so remember to make only as many as you can eat. If you have leftovers, you can store them in your refrigerator for up to three days. Just be sure to use a container with a tight lid or a heavy duty storage bag. These are an item you're going to want to keep in a colder part of your fridge. I wouldn't store them on the door of the refrigerator. You can stack them for storage, though, to save space.
Cheesy roll up
- 1 flatout bread wrap I used the protein up, sea salt & crushed pepper
- 3 laughing cow triangles I use jalapeno flavor, feel free to use your favorite
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- ¼ cup light shredded cheese
- Using a fork mix together your laughing cow, bacon and shredded cheese til well combined.
- Spread evenly over your flatout bread.
- Roll up into one long piece, using a serrated knife cut into about 12 pieces.
- Serve immediately or can be stored in fridge until ready to serve. My serving was 8sp for all 12 pieces, also feel free to increase your ingredients if you want to make these to serve at a party, as an alternative you can use light cream cheese (softened) instead of laughing cow.
- Based on my ingredients the whole wrap is 8 smart points (7PP)